Anyone else have relatives like this?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
In an e-mail I received today....

My upstairs toilet is leaking from the flexible water pipe here in Glendora. Would you have the time to help me replace it sometime tomorrow. I hate to mess with water and it will give us time to bull **** with each other.

All my relatives are like this. I always get the calls "Hey I need my house tiled" or "Hey I need a new roof on my house" they are always willing to buy the beer for my several days labor. Sometimes they forget I am trying to run a business at the same time.

I just finished the work. It was the inside bottom gasket to the Fluidmaster 400 which was seeping to the outside of the tank. I replaced it with a Fluidmaster 400C, which also contains the flapper. His toilet would not flush very good unless you held the handle down but with the new flapper, a good adjustment, and it works great now.

After I got done, I was walking out the front door when his wife asked for another small favor. She had purchased a 4' x 6' antique Indian rug, and asked me to hang it on the wall. After I told her "no problem", she then pointed to their 30' ceiling and said that was where she wanted it hung. Yep, afraid of ladders and with my fear of heights, I climbed up the ladder to the last rung, centered the rug, and hung it. I at least got a free lunch and got to drive his new Porsche Carrera to the hardware store, but now my knees are killing me!

I wish I thought the same but my relatives and freinds take advantage of me because I am a nice guy who knows how to do stuff.

Back