Any Guesses as to what this is?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSchofield

Reaction score
This is in the middle of my yard. I believe it is 3/4in PVC and sticks up from the ground about 8 inches. It is not exactly in line with where I believe the water line is but it could be.

I have no sprinkler system.

House was built in 2009 in coastal Mississippi if that makes any difference.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Screenshot 2024-08-22 130150.png

Okay so I found this image of it from Google Street View over 10 years ago and there is definitely a hose at least draped over it but it does look like a hose bib maybe? I guess they could have removed the hose bib but that still doesn't answer what the little black thing (from the original post) is in the end of the pipe. Look familiar to anyone?

I would like to remove this thing but if it's some kind of breather or pressure release of some kind I don't want to mess it up... anyway, any insight is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Hose Bib.png
    Hose Bib.png
    228 KB · Views: 2
Follow up:

Finally got around to digging this thing up. As I was cutting the 1" PVC pipe I noticed some blue shavings... the 1" was just a sleeve around 1/2" blue PEX. The strange black cap in the original post picture is the very end of a plastic Sharkbite cap.

Very boring mystery solved, thanks for everyone's input.

Attachments

• PXL_20240914_184526076.jpg
    PXL_20240914_184526076.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 1
Back