Adding a bar sink to a basement lav rough-in

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrejk

Reaction score
I am finishing my basement and looking to add a small bar sink in addition to a 3/4 bath that's roughed in. I need to move some of the rough-in pipes but the jackhammer work is done so it should only get better from here.

I originally planned to just tap the bar sink onto the lav sink which is a wet vent for the shower and toilet. As you can probably guess, the plumbing inspector nixed those plans.

Now I'd like to split the dry vent into a circut venting the lav and bar separately. But can I still drain that bar sink into the lav wet vent or do I need to tap back into the main sewer line underground? I'm trying to avoid extra work and this would make it much easier if this is kosher.

Proposed diagram attached. Thanks in advance for any help!

drain to wet vent.jpg

my code book is in the car, but I am pretty sure you can put 7 Dfu's on a 2" wet vented line serving a water closet. ( your bathroom group being 6 of them the Bar sink the other 1 )

You would have to reference the wet vented table in a code book for your area to be sure, but the venting issue should be solved easilly if you follow your drawing.

I will check it out and re-post tomorrow what MY table says .

Back