Titan Tankless Water Heater installation help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiredUp

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am a novice with this installation and I appreciate any help.
I purchased a Titan N-160 from TitanTankless.com and am in the installation process.
The Titan has 1/2 inch inlet and outlet and with my old tank I have what looks like 3/4 inlet and outlet. I want to put in a sediment filter that is 3/4 to keep sediment out of my new Titan. I also want to put in a ball valve on both sides of the Titan as well as a pressure relief valve.
My question is what is the best way to install. Do I put a compression fitting at both the inlet and outlet to adapt the size for the Titan to 1/2? I have not yet bought the pressure relief valve but do I need 1/2 or 3/4? Should I place the filter on the incoming 3/4 line then place a compression fitting to change to 1/2 then put a 1/2 pressure relief valve in front of that and than put another fitting on the output line of the Titan to run the 1/2 to the 3/4 line?
I am out of work and can't afford a plumber. My buddy will do the electrical so I am set there but can someone please tell me the best and most efficient way to do this? A 12 pack of heineken to anyone who can figure this one out. Thanks for any advice to get this right!
Joe

To be honest, I'm sure many here could give you basic advice, but your best bet would be to ask the manufacturer, because if there is a problem, it will be them who will take care of the warranty. What are you servicing with this TWH? One bath or an entire house? If it's the latter, I will tell you that 1/2" lines are really going to impede your water flow.

Back