Splice / Extend Toilet Water Pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdc25180

Reaction score
Hi,
I am needing advice on how to handle my situation (see pic attached). My wife bought a "unique" toilet which sits close against the wall and wider than the previous toilet. This will require me to move the water valve approx 4-5 inches to the left. Desoldering the existing connector will be easy, but I have little experience in splicing / extending such a short distance. Do they make a copper pipe about 6 inches or so that would have a flared end? I think it would be difficult to splice the pipes together with a short connector. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
j

IMG_20140327_213308.jpg

If you can unsolder, you can solder.

Get the water out of the line, unsweat the elbow and put a coupling in its place. Cut a piece of pipe and make 2 solder connections. Done....permanent.

You dont want threaded couplings or anything like shark bite fittings buried in the wall.

If you can unsolder, you can solder.

Get the water out of the line, unsweat the elbow and put a coupling in its place. Cut a piece of pipe and make 2 solder connections. Done....permanent.

You dont want threaded couplings or anything like shark bite fittings buried in the wall.

Excellent advice. All I can add it to make sure you place some fireproof material, or a wet rag behind the pipe so as to not cause an unintentional fire while soldering.

I agree with Matt.. You can unsolder, and after solder a new pipe and bring it in right position.. Or you can unscrew the tank valve, change this with a brass angle.. Push whole inside the wall, after, you do an piece of pipe and bring it in right position..In this way you mustn't soldering in to the wall

Back