Plumbing Help with New Bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diyplumber0228

Reaction score
Bought a house built in 1955. It had 3 small bedrooms upstairs and 1 full community bathroom, so decided to make a master suite using one of bedrooms and converting it into a walk-in closet and bathroom. Working on the plumbing for it. Toilet, tile shower and double vanity. I’m pretty handy, but this is my first time doing a full new bathroom from scratch. I’ve been researching and trying to make sure I’m following code, but would like a second set of eyes. Feel free to roast me so I can fix it. Everything is dry fitted in the pictures. I live in North Dakota for code reference.

2” drain line from double sink ties into 2” shower before dumping into the new 3” mainline. Trap arm for 3” mainline was going to be too far away so I added a second vent about 2’ downstream of the toilet. All of this will run until it hits the ABS waste stack on the end of the house. Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Questions:
1) Is there anything wrong with the current layout?
2) Any suggestions on how to tie into the waste stack? Looks like I’m going to have to make the last 2’ section of 3” pretty steep to avoid the existing ABS fitting. Should I use a Fernco Rubber Wye? Or what fitting?

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpeg
    IMG_1779.jpeg
    2.9 MB
  • IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    538.2 KB
  • IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    515.3 KB
  • IMG_1773.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg