I'm beginning a plumbing career.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l1vo

Reaction score
I'm really interested in knowing if plumbers are in demand internationally?

Is it often for a plumber to travel overseas to work?

The reason I ask is because it is my ambition for both travelling and to be a successful plumber.

I don't know of a lot of plumbers that travel around internationally. I do know of some that travel inside of the country quite a bit.

It seems logical and possible, though, to become experienced in a specialty field that is in international demand and that requires the same materials and practices wherever it is. I am thinking power plants, oil refineries, sewage treatment plants, that type of thing.

There are many oppertunities to travel for plumbers, especially if you hold a red seal ticket. It's kind of a dark omen to watch for but places that have earthquakes or major damage to infrastructure as in natural disasters are in Dire need of plumbers to repair infrastructure and purify water. If you took all the money given to aids of other countries and focused it all primarilly on clean water and removal of sewage you would cure 90% of the problems these places face.

for an example, a friend of mine who is also a plumber Recentlly broke it off with his Gf of several years, in one afternnon he made some calls and the next morning had a paid ticket to austraila, accomoation, and a sign on bonus of near $2000.

another goes around dong plant shut downs and also works his gas ticket at refinerys all over the world.

Plumbing is THE BEST trade. as long as people are pooping, drink water and like heat in their homes we have work .

Latest posts

Back