Back flow preventer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to install a Backflow prevention device on my water line on my side of the meter per my city code... I have 1 1/4 "pvc as my water line, Do I have to install this size Preventer or could i go to a 1" device. I plan on installing like a watts 900 or maybe a zurn-wilkins model. But the bigger the device they are quite a bit more expensive...........

The district will be able to answer for sure but here in CA it is very common to put a smaller size backflow on a larger water line. I mainly install Watts 909 models here and it is a very easy task to do if you have a couple of pipe wrenches and a couple hours time.

EDIT: Chances are you only have a 1" meter on the box anyway since 1-1/4" is very rare to be installed.

I'm curious, GulfCoast, is this an 1 1/4" residential or commercial water service?

I'm curious, GulfCoast, is this an 1 1/4" residential or commercial water service?

I am pretty sure this is residential, We don't do them here for residential unless it is a very large piece of property but I have seen a lot of guys from Texas ask about them.

Have you tried any plumbing or waterworks supply houses? I talked to guy last week who bought one off of ebay at a good price.

Latest posts

Back