American Standard problem.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPTTango30

Reaction score
Ok I have an American Standard Cadet 3 toilet. The pins on the side of the toilet overflow/flapper assembly is broken. I went to Home Depot (Where I purchased the toilet) and the plumbing guy didn't even talk to me in 35 minutes. He was to busy helping people that came in after me.

I need the flapper assembly but, Home Depot and Lowes don't carry it. First how do you sell something and and not sell repair parts for it? That is like Toyota saying you have to go to the Ford dealer to get your Matrix fixed.

Where is a decent place to order the parts? I looked at the American standard site but I am not sure if the ones they show will fit....

The American Standard website has a "Help" area and a Contact Us area. There is also a phone number to talk to a real person. Home Depot and Lowes do not make the toilets, American Standard does. The part you need is built into the tank so you may be out of luck, even at the manufacturer.

Latest posts

Back