Ridgid Press Ring Creates Bump on Fitting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tailout

Reaction score
The image below shows a 1/2" Viega pro press connection I made using a Milwaukee M12 press tool, Ridgid C1 jaw, and Ridgid 1/2" press ring. After making the press connection I noticed a pronounced bump on the outside of the fitting over the o-ring channel. This bump occurs every time I use the Ridgid 1/2" press ring to make the press connection. When I use the Milwaukee 1/2" CTS-V jaw that came with the M12 press tool there is barley any bump at all and it is much less pronounced.

Is there any reason to be concerned about the size of the bump created when using the Ridgid 1/2" press ring, or does this look normal? I’m a homeowner not a plumber so I don’t have enough experience with press connections to know if this is fine or if something is wrong. I contacted Ridgid with this question, but they did not give me a clear answer.

half_inch_press_with_ridgid_ring.PNG

I have seen the bump routinely, that bump is pronounced, I think contacting Viega local rep or Viega tech desk would provide best answer

Back