What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Samsclub chickens are seasoned better than the walmart chickens. They are twice the size and half the price. Although I have noticed they have been getting a bit smaller over time.

Ooh, I love Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate. Well, I loved SG1, not Atlantis.

A holodeck would be so cool! I was watching The Ready Room where they talked about Star Trek Strange New Worlds and they have TV screens all around the sets with images of what the areas look like to make the actors feel more immersed in the locations instead of just being in front of green screen. And speaking of green screen, there's a blooper in Stargate: SG! episode about the crystal skull where they are walking through a cave and they edited out part of Teal'c's head because the blue screen reflected on his bald head and the editors didn't notice when they used the computer software to remove all the blue to have the background visible instead. As another aside, the US government actually had a Project Stargate but it was for alleged psychics doing remote viewing.

Phone woke me up this morning. Probably a spoofed number but looked local. I answered groggily & said "Hello". Guy on the other end laughed, coughed, and then hung up. I guess it was a prank call. Phone doesn't keep track of numbers that call in unless we miss the call. No idea who it was or what his major malfunction was.

Called the Diabetes Supply place that had called me on Friday when I was busy dealing with the pump situation. They are sending Mom's insulin and it allegedly will arrive tomorrow. We never get mail that fast so I'm dubious. We'll see.

For now I'm waiting for Mom to wake up enough so we can go to alexandria to look for something for her to wear to the wedding. She doesn't want to wear what she wore to the previous one. And I've got Mewlatto sitting on me. He's been super clingy with me the last few days. Even let me rub his belly without objecting or kicking.

The Samsclub chickens are seasoned better than the walmart chickens. They are twice the size and half the price. Although I have noticed they have been getting a bit smaller over time.

Ooh, I love Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate. Well, I loved SG1, not Atlantis.

A holodeck would be so cool! I was watching The Ready Room where they talked about Star Trek Strange New Worlds and they have TV screens all around the sets with images of what the areas look like to make the actors feel more immersed in the locations instead of just being in front of green screen. And speaking of green screen, there's a blooper in Stargate: SG! episode about the crystal skull where they are walking through a cave and they edited out part of Teal'c's head because the blue screen reflected on his bald head and the editors didn't notice when they used the computer software to remove all the blue to have the background visible instead. As another aside, the US government actually had a Project Stargate but it was for alleged psychics doing remote viewing.

Phone woke me up this morning. Probably a spoofed number but looked local. I answered groggily & said "Hello". Guy on the other end laughed, coughed, and then hung up. I guess it was a prank call. Phone doesn't keep track of numbers that call in unless we miss the call. No idea who it was or what his major malfunction was.

Called the Diabetes Supply place that had called me on Friday when I was busy dealing with the pump situation. They are sending Mom's insulin and it allegedly will arrive tomorrow. We never get mail that fast so I'm dubious. We'll see.

For now I'm waiting for Mom to wake up enough so we can go to alexandria to look for something for her to wear to the wedding. She doesn't want to wear what she wore to the previous one. And I've got Mewlatto sitting on me. He's been super clingy with me the last few days. Even let me rub his belly without objecting or kicking.
zanne, are you saying Sam's chickens are $2.50?

I trap birds in my backyard and BBQ them in a homemade BBQ sauce and eat them with jalapeños and Saltine crackers. I add cheese sometimes.

Blue jays are chewy and hummingbirds are easy to overcook.

zanne, are you saying Sam's chickens are $2.50?
No. $4 something. Chickens at walmart in my area are over $8. My walmart charges higher prices than a lot of other Walmarts in the area because there's a lot of theft.

I forgot to say "thank you" to @havasu for creating the politics thread.

Took Mom to Alexandria to find something to wear to the upcoming wedding because she refused to wear what she wore to the other wedding. She thinks a blazer with black sequins is not appropriate for a wedding. I really don't know as I've not attended many and I don't like weddings much. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing my cousin, uncle, and my sister, I don't like large gatherings. It's supposed to be from 3pm to 9pm but I will probably bow out early.

Had to stop at 2 different Walmarts to get Mom what she wanted. Unloaded her wheelchair and got it on the porch (I had to push her all around the mall in the wheelchair--pushing one on carpet sucks). We stopped at IHOP before the mall so she was a bit heavier to push. LOL.

Got groceries unloaded , took naprosyn, and am resting.

I thought I had somehow used the p word that rhymes with wussy again. LOL.
A friend of mine who lives in France was having trouble logging in to a private forum we're on and I was able to contact the support for the forums and get them to reset her password for her and send her the temporary password so she could get logged in. She wasn't receiving any of the password reset e-mails prior to that. So now she's back and posting there again. Before Tapatalk took over, I was able to reset password for members but they took away most of the admin powers.

Watched a bunch of videos on cool products and looked for stuff in my bathroom. I found some stuff I'd been missing, but now misplaced other stuff. LOL.

This is an interesting-looking product. Looks like it might be easy to forget to lock them together and they could get torn up though.

I thought I had somehow used the p word that rhymes with wussy again. LOL.
A friend of mine who lives in France was having trouble logging in to a private forum we're on and I was able to contact the support for the forums and get them to reset her password for her and send her the temporary password so she could get logged in. She wasn't receiving any of the password reset e-mails prior to that. So now she's back and posting there again. Before Tapatalk took over, I was able to reset password for members but they took away most of the admin powers.

Watched a bunch of videos on cool products and looked for stuff in my bathroom. I found some stuff I'd been missing, but now misplaced other stuff. LOL.

This is an interesting-looking product. Looks like it might be easy to forget to lock them together and they could get torn up though.

They dont look like there putting them deep enough. I guess it depends on the dirt.. but still pretty close to the surface.

Yeah. Here's another video:

Looks too shallow to me still, but maybe that is how they are designed?

So, last month, I ran out of solution for my pool chemical tester, so I used my back up test strips. Every day it would say add more acid, so, as directed, I would add the acid. The next day, it said add more acid, so I did. I thought something was funny, because the water got really cloudy, so I purchased an entire new test kit. Obviously, those test strips were old, and giving me wrong info, because I was overloaded with acid. I pulled all chemicals for a month, been testing daily, and after 28 days of not adding chemicals, the pool chemicals are perfect once again. I learned a valuable lesson. Never trust old stuff!

Fieldlines work better if they’re shallow because you get evaporation. At least they do down south, I can’t say if your ground freezes.

Back