Dishwasher filter?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TennDogTrainer

Reaction score
I’m getting black specks on my dishes lately. Online advice says to make sure the filter is clean but I can’t locate one. I think the dishwasher is original to the house which was built in 2000-ish. I’m attaching a picture of the bottom of the dishwasher. Can anyone tell me if there is a filter I can clean? If not, what can be done about the black specks? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5347.jpeg
    IMG_5347.jpeg
    1.7 MB
I don't have any filter in my dishwasher. Are you seeing these black specks in any of your toilets? If not, it could be the rubber breaking down from your dishwasher supply line.

I’m getting black specks on my dishes lately. Online advice says to make sure the filter is clean but I can’t locate one. I think the dishwasher is original to the house which was built in 2000-ish. I’m attaching a picture of the bottom of the dishwasher. Can anyone tell me if there is a filter I can clean? If not, what can be done about the black specks? Thanks in advance.
Make and model number would help immensely. My guess is under the rectangular 'box' with the holes in it. Cheaper units have a screen filter that should be cleaned periodically. More expensive units have a grinder as part of the pump mechanism that grinds any food particles and sends them down the drain. My guess is that you have a screen filter.

Back